Mandatory Lab Safety Training
It is important that everyone who enters a laboratory knows and understands certain safety procedures. There are different levels of required training:
- to have access to the McGuire Translational Research Facility (MTRF),
- to work in a laboratory, and
- to work on projects requiring specialized knowledge.
Before commencing work in the lab, all lab personnel must complete:
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Introduction (print a copy of your final quiz to bring along when you get your UCard verified for building access)
- Radiation Safety Orientation (print a copy of your final quiz to bring along when you get your UCard verified for building access)
- Introduction to Research Safety
- Chemical Safety
- Chemical Waste Management
- Lab-specific training from your principal investigator or laboratory supervisor within the first week of work/rotation. Ask about what additional training you will need.
Principal Investigators will assign additional training as required for projects working with:
Biohazardous material - Biological Safety in the Laboratory
Animals - Animal Use Training
Human samples - Bloodborne Pathogens: Advanced
Radioactive material - Radiation Safety for Radioactive Material Users
Controlled substances - Controlled Substances
Things change! If you find that any of these links are not working, please contact Sue Keirstead.