Seminars & Events
5th Annual ENG-SCI Symposium
Intersection of Stem Cell Biology and Engineering - Focus on Imaging
- 12 - 1 pm - Lunch and poster session
- 1 pm - Keynote speaker - Dr. Scott Fraser, University of Southern California
- Three 30-minute presentations by local speakers
- 4 pm - Rapid-Fire Sessions by trainees
- 4:30 - Awards & networking
Satellite Symposia - Society for Developmental Biology
Stem Cell Biology T32 graduate student trainees announce the Satellite Symposia following the Society for Developmental Biology's 76th Annual Meeting.
DATE: Thursday, July 13, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
TITLE: Neuro(R)evolution: New Approaches for Studying Neurdevopment
ORGANIZERS: Cat Lee, Natalya Golovinznina, Thera Lee and Keith Sabin
For more information, visit the Society for Developmental Biology website.
The Neurosurgery Department at the University of Minnesota is hosting NeuroSafe 2017 to be held at the McNamara Alumni Center on the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus. The symposium is designed to foster conversations about improving quality and safety in neurosurgery.
DATE: July 20 - 21, 2017
LOCATION: McNamara Alumni Center, located on the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Campus.
REGISTRATION: Use this link for more information about the symposium and to register.
This year's keynote topics and speakers include:
- Hunt for Ambulatory Metrics in the Pediatric Neurosciences presented by Gerald A. Grant, MD, FACS
- A Single Clinic Intervention to Facilitate Patient Communication, Improve Visit Satisfaction, and Provide Real-time Feedback presented by Oren N. Gottfried, MD, FAANS
- Operative Efficiency, Resource Modeling and Surgical Education in Value-Driven Markets presented by Ahmed M.T. Raslan, MD
- Surgical Improvement: A Multifaceted Strategy presented by
- D. Douglas Cochrane, MD, FRCSC
- From the Operating Room to the Board Room: A Neurosurgeon’s Evolving Perspective on Patient Safety in a Corporate Culture presented by Steven E. Swanson, MD, MBA, FACS, FAANS